Website: Online Booking Terms and Conditions
About the Website Owners:
This website belongs to a consortium of fishery owners, providers and operators who have formed a collective marketing group to promote a single brand name and image for angling in County Donegal Ireland, i.e. the brand name adopted is ‘Donegal Angling Holidays’, which name has been incorporated into the website domain name along with the brand image ‘Eagle-Fish’ logo. This marketing group is known as the Donegal Angling Tourism Alliance (from here on referred to as DATA for short).
DATA reserves the right to manage its website through a third party agent or agents experienced in such operation and in the management of tourism business. Under current arrangements, the website is managed by Inland Fisheries Ireland. IFI may be contacted through the website contact page.
Purpose of the Website:
- You may use this website to access information about a wide variety of game, sea or coarse angling in Donegal.
- In addition, we have posted information on the website about hotels, self catering houses, guest houses and bed & breakfast providers located in areas close to fishing venues. These accommodations have been selected as ‘recommended or preferred accommodations’ by DATA AND ITS AGENT/S and all of these are approved by the Irish Tourism Regulatory Authority (Failte Ireland).
- You may use the website to purchase or reserve (“book”) fishing and accommodation either separately or together.
Recommended Fishing and Accommodation:
While DATA AND ITS AGENT/S recommends the listed fisheries and accommodations as suitable for use by visiting anglers, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S has no direct control over or responsibility for operation or standards in any individual facility. However, all of the fishing and accommodation providers listed on the website meet the operating conditions set down by Inland Fisheries Ireland, the Loughs Agency and Failte Ireland as Government Agencies responsible for standards in provision of fishing and accommodation to visitors.
In addition, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S has provided training for all listed fishing and accommodation providers on how to advertise their product on this website, and we also provide training to them on the standard of service required by visiting anglers in the international market place.
Legal Conditions pertaining to use of the Website:
By using our website you agree to be legally bound by the terms set out herein, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of our website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these terms please do not use our website.
DATA AND ITS AGENT/S may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by DATA AND ITS AGENT/S. Your continued use of our website after changes are posted indicates your agreement to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Website Refunds and Cancellation Policy:
The service supplied to you the customer by this website includes:
- Providing you with accurate and current information about angling and accommodation available for purchase in Donegal;
- Putting you in direct contact with an angling and/or accommodation provider of your choosing from whom you may purchase an angling and/or accommodation product.
Once you have availed of our service by using our online booking facility, the booking fee we charge for our service is not refundable under any circumstances, even if you subsequently decide to cancel your trip.
Any angling and/or accommodation product purchased by you involves a direct contract between you the customer and the product provider for which this website has no responsibility or contractual obligation. For this reason, you the customer should always read the terms and conditions of sale set out on the website by the product provider, and which you can read before deciding to book a product through the website. For your convenience, we set out below a general summary of the terms typically applied by product providers but again advise customers to read the details posted by each individual provider in which you are interested before you book.
Specific Conditions pertaining to the Booking of Angling or Accommodation via the Website:
You may use the website to:
- Purchase a game fishing permit - paying the full purchase price inclusive of the website booking fee;
- Purchase a salmon and sea trout fishing licence - paying the full purchase price inclusive of website booking fee;
- Reserve marine charter boat fishing – paying only the website booking fee - (generally referred to as a ‘booking’);
- Reserve accommodation – paying only the website booking fee - (generally referred to as a ‘booking’);
- Obtain information about fishing and accommodation.
In all cases, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S are acting only as a facilitator to enable you to secure fishing or accommodation in a simple and efficient manner. The website charges you the customer a fee for this ‘booking’ facility. This booking facility fee is ultimately a cost to the service provider as the price you will pay for the angling or accommodation service has been adjusted by the service to include the booking facility fee. The booking facility fee includes Irish VAT and Bank Charges as applicable. This booking fee is non-refundable in all cases as DATA AND ITS AGENT/S must carry the cost of marketing and promotion in advance of sales.
To secure your reservation with the Fishing and/or Accommodation Provider, you the Customer may be required to supply credit card details. If so, you must enter details of a credit card validly and legally held by you. Where a booking fee is required to secure your booking, you consent to these amounts being debited from your credit card at booking time and you accept that these are non-refundable. Where credit card details are entered to secure your booking, and/or to pay an initial deposit on your booking, you consent to these details being made available to the Fishing and /or Accommodation Providers concerned in order to secure your booking, subject to the Terms and Conditions and/or Policy of the Fishing and Accommodation Provider/s concerned.
In the unlikely event that you the Customer should reserve fishing through DATA AND ITS AGENT/S with a Fishing Provider who subsequently fails, refuses or neglects to provide you the Customer with the reserved fishing, no liability shall attach to DATA AND ITS AGENT/S. By completing this Reservation Process, you the Customer agree to waive any claim against DATA AND ITS AGENT/S for any losses or damages arising from the failure of the Fishing Provider to provide you with any reserved fishing, or in the event that the fishing provided is inadequate, or in the event that the fishing provided has been wrongly described, or for any losses or damages (to include costs) incurred during your visit.
You the Customer should also read the terms of service posted by individual fishing and accommodation providers for their product on this website to understand exactly how your booking will be completed. In general although not always, bookings will complete as follows (written in ‘plain English’ for your convenience but should be read by you the customer in conjunction with the terms and conditions set out by individual fishing and accommodation providers on this website):
- Game Fishing: You (the Customer) pay the full fishing cost including the web booking fee via the website / the website retains its booking fee and remits the remainder to the game fishing provider / you receive an immediate email receipt from the website, which also functions as a fishing permit and which you should bring to the fishery / the fishing provider receives an immediate email notification of your booking from the website / the fishing provider contacts you the customer to confirm the booking and to make arrangements as required in relation to tackle, boats, engines, guide, etc as required by you the customer or to provide further information to you as required under the fishing regulations and laws. If you require an angling licence (with tags) for salmon or sea trout angling these may be purchased locally in Donegal on your arrival from one of the outlets posted on the website, or if time allows you may order a licence (with tags) directly from the website on payment of the full cost and these will be posted to the address stated by you (the website will bear no responsibility for postal delay or inadequate time allowed by you the customer for delivery). Game fishing providers are experienced in this system of booking and are generally very reliable. If you have any difficulties please email the website.
- Marine Charter Boat Fishing: You (the Customer) pay only the web booking facility fee via the website / the website retains its booking fee and will not be involved in further financial transaction in relation to this fishing / you receive an immediate email receipt from the website / the fishing provider receives an immediate email notification of your booking from the website / the fishing provider contacts you the customer to arrange a meeting time for the day of arrival (no permit or licence is required for sea angling) and to make further arrangements as required in relation to tackle etc as required by you the customer / generally although not always, the fishing operator will not seek further payment until the day of arrival (read the conditions posted on the website for the specific vessel you are interested in). You should also note that marine fishing can be hazardous and departure on the day is subject to sea conditions and the Captain of the Vessel is the final arbiter in deciding whether or not to go to sea. If the Captain cancels the trip on safety grounds you the customer will not be charged by the vessel (or will be refunded if applicable). Marine Charter Boat fishing providers are experienced in this system of booking and are generally very reliable. If you have any difficulties please email the website.
- Coarse Fishing: There is no need to book or reserve coarse angling via the website as it is usually readily available and costs very little. The website provides information on guides and on local outlets that sell permits or hire boats (permits are usually inexpensive season-long permits from the fishery owner / a licence is not required for coarse angling). Make sure to contact one of the guides or outlets before you travel to ensure fishing is available.
- Shore / Rock / Pier / Beach Fishing: There is no need to book or reserve this angling through the website as it is usually readily available and costs nothing. The website provides information on suitable sites and provides down-loadable maps and a guide book. As coastal waters can be very dangerous, always exercise caution if fishing without the advice of an experienced local angler or guide. Email the website if you require a guide.
- Angling Safari Holidays: You the customer can email your requirements to the website on the prescribed form (in the angling drop-down menu) / the website will liaise with the fishing and accommodation and guide service providers to see if your dates and requirements can be facilitated / the website will email you about availability, price and terms / DATA AND ITS AGENT/S will organise your itinerary and the website will complete the payment process with you.
- Accommodation: You pay only the web booking facility fee via the website / the website retains its booking fee and will not be involved in further financial transaction in relation to this accommodation / you receive an immediate email receipt from the website / the accommodation provider receives an immediate email notification of your booking from the website / the accommodation provider may or may not contact you the customer to confirm the booking, unless there is a problem in which case the accommodation provider will contact you to resolve the issue so that your stay is unaffected / generally although not always, the accommodation operator will not seek further payment until the day of departure (however, self catering accommodation generally seeks a deposit and will contact you about this). Accommodation providers are experienced in this system of booking and are generally very reliable. If you have any difficulties please email the website.
Specific Terms & Conditions of the Online Booking Process for Accommodation:
This online Reservation Process is provided by DATA AND ITS AGENT/S on behalf of the Accommodation Provider. By accepting these Terms and Conditions and completing this Reservation Process, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S agree to provide you the Customer with the facilities to enable you the Customer to book accommodation, as described and listed in this Reservation Process, with the Accommodation Provider. DATA AND ITS AGENT/S agree to let you the Customer use this facility subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- For the absolute avoidance of doubt, it is agreed that no reservation contract shall exist between you the Customer and DATA or ITS AGENT/S.
- In the event that you the Customer proceed to book accommodation with the Accommodation Provider using this Reservation Process, any contract which you the Customer enter into is entered into strictly between you the Customer and that Accommodation Provider, subject to the reservations terms and conditions and/or policy of that Accommodation Provider. It is your responsibility as the Customer to fully acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions and/or policy of that Accommodation Provider.
- Upon completing this Reservation Process, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S undertake to (immediately or as soon as possible) forward your reservation to your chosen Accommodation Provider.
- In the unlikely event that you the Customer reserve accommodation through DATA AND ITS AGENT/S with the Accommodation Provider and that Accommodation Provider subsequently fails, refuses or neglects to provide you the Customer with the reserved accommodation, no liability shall attach to DATA or ITS AGENT/S. By completing this Reservation Process, you the Customer agree to waive any claim against DATA AND ITS AGENT/S for any losses or damages arising from the failure of the Accommodation Provider to provide you with any reserved accommodation, or in the event that the accommodation provided is inadequate, or in the event that the accommodation provided has been wrongly described, or for any losses or damages (to include costs) incurred during your stay.
- To secure your reservation with the Accommodation Provider, you the Customer are required to supply contact details such as name, address, phone number, mobile phone number, email etc. You consent to these details being made available to the Accommodation Provider to secure your booking.
- To secure your reservation with the Accommodation Provider, you the Customer may be required to supply credit card details. If so, you must enter credit card details of a credit card validly and legally held by you. Where a booking fee is required to secure your booking, you consent to these amounts being debited from your credit card at booking time and you accept that these are non-refundable. Where credit card details are entered to secure your booking, and/or to pay an initial deposit on your booking, you consent to these details being made available to the Accommodation Provider to secure your booking subject to the Terms and Conditions and/or Policy of the Accommodation Provider.
- DATA AND ITS AGENT/S reserves the right to refuse to complete a reservation for you the Customer in the event that the details entered by you the Customer in this Reservation Process do not meet the requirements as set by DATA AND ITS AGENT/S from time to time.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to discharge payment to the Accommodation Provider for the entire accommodation cost, as specified, upon arrival at the accommodation venue and for any additional or extra requirements or costs incurred by the Customer with the Accommodation Provider. Where a deposit has been paid to secure the booking, then the Customer will discharge the balance of the accommodation cost, as specified, upon arrival at the accommodation venue. Actual costs payable are normally in the accommodation’s local currency, as indicated in the Reservation Process. Indicative alternative currency rates used to estimate cost and balance of cost are based on current exchange rates and are subject to fluctuation.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to inform the Accommodation Provider of any new or changed requirements including change in arrival time or cancellation. You the Customer should note that in the event of a cancellation, a cancellation fee may be charged by the Accommodation Provider to your credit card in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and/or Policy of the Accommodation Provider. Details of any such cancellation fees are contained in the Reservation Process, in the on-screen confirmation on completion of the Reservation Process, and in the email sent to you on completion of the Reservation Process.
- In the event that sufficient funds are not available through your credit card to complete a proposed reservation, then such reservation shall be null and void. The same provision applies in the event that your credit card has passed its expiry date, or passes its expiry date prior to the date of arrival chosen in the Reservation Process.
- By completing this Reservation Process, you the Customer authorise the Accommodation Provider to debit your submitted credit card for the sum of any cancellation costs owed, as set out above.
- While DATA AND ITS AGENT/S will make our best endeavours to ensure that the information as supplied to you the Customer and contained in the Reservation Process is accurate and up to date, no liability shall attach to DATA AND ITS AGENT/S or its servants in the event that any of the information supplied within the Reservation Process has been altered or amended by the Accommodation Provider.
- Where an e-voucher is used in part or full payment during the Reservation Process, the additional Terms and Conditions communicated to the e-voucher recipient regarding the use of an e-voucher will apply.
- The laws governing the provision of these facilities shall be the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
Additional Cancellation policy for Hotels:
- You may cancel with the hotel anytime up to 48 hours (local time) prior to your arrival date and no cancellation charges apply. If you cancel after this time, the cancellation fee is the equivalent of one night's stay and your credit card will be debited by the hotel. Your booking confirmation has the hotel’s details for all contacts. Please note: Advance Purchase Rate: Full Payment taken from credit card given on day of booking which is non-refundable.
Additional Cancellation Policy for self Catering:
In event of cancellation the following charges will apply:
- 50% - if cancelled 42 days to 21 days before date of arrival;
- 100% - if cancelled 21 days or less before date of arrival;
- An additional 3% fee is deducted from any portion of your transaction that is refunded to credit card.
Other General Terms and Conditions:
- In relation to game fishing, once you have booked you cannot change your dates or number of rods. If you need extra rods or days they can be booked separately on the website if available. If you need less rods or days, or decide not to come after all, we can try to re-let them for you, but cannot guarantee to do so. If DATA AND ITS AGENT/S is successful in re-letting the fishing, you will be charged a 10% letting fee + VAT.
- Game rods may not be shared on any one day without prior permission of the product provider or fishery manager, which is usually refused and should never be relied upon.
- You cannot re-let the items you book without the provider’s permission and then only by private arrangement and at the same prices and conditions as for this booking. No agent other than the product provider or the fishery manager may be used to help obtain a sublet.
- In Donegal and throughout most of Ireland it is illegal to fish on a river without written permission (permit), so you must bring your email booking confirmation with you (this applies to each individual rod fishing).
- You cannot fish in Ireland for salmon or sea trout without a licence. Licences are available to purchase from this website. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they hold a valid licence for the period in which he or she intends to fish. For visiting anglers not resident in Ireland, generally a one-day licence or a 21-day licence represents best value for money and these can be purchased from this website.
- Please note that in line with general practice, providers cannot give refunds for game fishing spoilt by inclement weather or unsuitable water conditions. These are acts of nature beyond the control of the website or the game fishery operator. Marine boat charters will not put to sea if conditions are dangerous, in which case you will not be charged by the boat operator. However, you should note that our website booking facility fee is not refundable.
- The website recommends that you ring the fishery operator, or other contact set by the fishery, at least two days before arrival to confirm fishing and to make any other arrangements you require.
- You must report full details of any game fish caught to the fishery manager or other contact provided by the fishery.
- If you have any problems with the standard of service provided on the fishery or charter boat, please tell the fishery provider immediately. If you don't get a satisfactory response, please email the website as soon as possible, so we have time to act before you leave. Failure to do so will severely hamper any chances of obtaining fair redress for you.
- All bookings are also subject to the conditions set by the relevant fishery and accommodation provider (these are posted on the information section for each provider on this website).
- DATA AND ITS AGENT/S are at all times acting only as a booking facilitator for the fishery. All letting contracts are therefore between the fishing or accommodation provider and the person taking the fishing or accommodation.
- Fisheries providers reserve the right to immediately withdraw fishing without compensation from anyone who breaks these or associated conditions, or flouts normal standards of good behaviour or fishing etiquette.
- If a fishery provider is forced to cancel your fishing you will be entitled to a full refund of the fishing charge from the fishing provider and the provider will endeavour to arrange alternative fishing for you if you so request.
- Material on this website is protected by copyright. Reproduction of material from this website is not permitted. Reproduction for other uses is permitted, provided that the source is acknowledged.
- No liability for any errors or omissions: The information contained in this website is provided for general information purposes only, in the interests of public service. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on the website, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S or staff give no guarantees, undertakings or warranties in this regard, and do not accept any liability arising from any errors or omissions. Errors or omissions brought to the notice of the website will be corrected as soon as practicable.
- Website material is not legal advice: Any views, opinions and guidance set out in this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not purport to be legal advice or a definitive interpretation of the law. Anyone contemplating legal action in respect of matters set out in this website should obtain advice from a suitably qualified professional adviser.
- This website material is not the definitive view of DATA AND ITS AGENT/S: Any views, opinions and guidance set out in this website should not be taken as the definitive view of DATA AND ITS AGENT/S. Accordingly, DATA AND ITS AGENT/S reserve the right to make decisions which are at variance with any views, opinions and guidance that may be set out in this website.
- No responsibility for other websites: Any links from this website to external websites, which are not maintained by DATA AND ITS AGENT/S, are provided as a matter of convenience only, and should not be taken as an endorsement by DATA AND ITS AGENT/S of the contents or practices of those external websites, for which DATA AND ITS AGENT/S assumes no responsibility.
The Donegal Angling Tourism Alliance respects the privacy and protection of your information and we commit to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Information Protection Acts. The information we collect is used:
- To provide statistics annually on a River by River basis to assist the Standing Scientific Committee of Inland Fisheries Ireland (Statutory Fisheries Authority) to monitor Salmon & Sea Trout stocks.
- To make recommendations to ensure correct management and conservation measures are put in place to ensure the future sustainability of Salmon & Sea Trout stocks.
- To improve fishing in Donegal.
- To provide better information to anglers.
We shall perform our responsibilities under the Information Protection Legislation in accordance with the following eight Information Protection principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly: We shall obtain and process your personal information fairly and in accordance with statutory and other legal obligations.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes: We shall keep your personal information for purposes that are specific, lawful and clearly stated. Your personal information will only be processed in a manner compatible with these purposes.
- Use and disclose only in ways compatible with these purposes: We shall use and disclose your personal information only in circumstances that are necessary for the purposes for which we collected the information.
- Keep it safe and secure: We shall take appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and against its accidental loss or destruction.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date: We adopt procedures that ensure information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive: We shall only hold your personal information to the extent that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain for no longer than is necessary: We have a retention policy for your personal information.
- Give a copy of your personal information to you, on request: We adopt procedures to ensure that information subjects can exercise their rights under the Information Protection Legislation to access their information.
- Under no circumstances will DATA AND ITS AGENT/S or Staff be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of information; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of our website regardless of the form of action.
- Neither DATA AND ITS AGENT/S or Staff warrant that functions contained in our website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or our website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses.
- Where you are invited to submit any contribution to our website (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant DATA AND ITS AGENT/S a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution.
- If you do not want to grant to DATA AND ITS AGENT/S the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to our website.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
General Copyright Guidance and Legal Disclaimer
Privacy Statement / DATA and its Agent/s Protection Policy
Information Protection Principles
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Contributions to our Website
DATA AND ITS AGENT/S.